Sunday, October 1, 2017

OPAM, my blocks and a new book....


I had to go back into the recesses of my brain to remember the beginning of the month - gosh September disappeared!

The purse was finished in August but I couldn't show it till September and I just had the binding to do on the Japanese blocks quilt.... so at least I have something to show for OPAM.... Thanks to Kris and Peg for hosting and counting our thingies....


Thanks also to Joy who hosts Finishing Stitches to encourage us to complete our UFO's.... the Japanese blocks have been waiting around a few years to be made into something... so one UFO completed this month.


This week we got back into sewing Anthology blocks... a new record was set with getting 11 blocks done!


... and here they are with all the others....  this is not how they will be set but I'm just placing them up on the board for now....


Another Dutch Treat block has been finished.... this counts towards a UFO block finish in Finishing Stitches hosted by Joy.... thanks Joy...


I have done a couple more blocks for the No Fuss Stitch-a-long quilt.... they don't take too long and are so nice and relaxing to do when I just want to stitch but not think too hard about colour changes....


I was chatting to Susan and mentioned I am on hold as the thread had run out and I was waiting for new orders ... lo and behold she had some of the same colour and sent it to me quick smart.... so now I have some more I can do before my order arrives...  thank goodness for stitchy friends saving the day!  Thank you so much Susan.... xx


On Thursday evening I went along to The Quilters Angel where I met up with these 3 lovely ladies who were hosting a book launch for Lauren of Molly and Mama....  Marion, Lauren and new mum Steph...


The book projects were on display and looked just lovely - there is something about seeing them in real life and being able to touch them!!


beautiful roses in the room....


... and more beautiful roses in the shop!


... and nibblies to eat!


I finally bought my copy of the book and Lauren kindly signed it for me....


.... now only I can have this book.....


All in all September has been very busy .... I'm relieved to start October with a long weekend.... there are chores I need my trusty manservant to help with.....

Righto, Gotto go... that trusty manservant needs supervision (I wish!!!! - one can live in hope???)

16 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Fiona so much good stuff happening here and of course with nibbles! Lovely new book too! Happy Sewing and I hope all is well with that Manservant lol!

WoolenSails said...

You have been busy and this month did go by fast.
Love all your projects and I love how the blocks in your anthology quilt look together.

Debbie

kiwikid said...

Congrats on the finishes, beautiful stuff!! Wow ,11 anthology blocks that is wonderful, that quilt will be done in no time!! The DT block is lovely too. Lovely to go to the book launch Fiona, those roses are beautiful. Hope the manservant was cooperative and helpful and your supervision was successful!! 😆😆

Jennifer said...

A pretty book launch with roses and nibbles......what more could anyone want? Well done on the finishes, and you are right about September....I thought it flashed by before my eyes.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have indeed been busy...great work all round. Beautiful book by Lauren and I love your photograph together.....lovely! Gorgeous roses too xx

Jane said...

another busy month

Jeanette said...

You've been very busy. Love your anthology blocks. Hugs, xx

sunny said...

Great projects. I decided against the Anthology blocks, but yours sure are beautiful. I would love to get my hands on some of that variegated thread. Can you please share who makes it?

Anonymous said...

Good morning Fiona,wow love all your blocks,you get so much done my friend and i love that purse it will be treasured.
I love Laurens book and how special that you have a signed copy by Lauren,also hip hip hooray to Susan for having some of the thread that you needed,hope you have a lovely day Fiona xx

Louise said...

Trusty Manservant...LOL! Does he know you call him that on your blog?? Gorgeous roses, I'll bet they smelled heavenly, too.

Karen S said...

Wow, what are you taking that makes you get 11 blocks finished in a sitting??? Don't answer that.
That pile sure is growing.
How great that you were able to get more thread from a thoughtful friend and keep stitching. Perfect.
And it looks like the book launch was fun!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Who says you didn't get much done this month?!!!! You got lots done!!! All very pretty of course :) xx

Unknown said...

No wonder September flew past, you have been sew busy, so many like lovely things too xcx

Maria said...

Cute purse 👛 and nice to have made the Japenese blocks into a quilt.
You did lots of stitching on the Anthology. blocks, SAL blocks and another DT. like the. Green.
Lovely evening had for the book launch . Great to have a copy and autographed by Lauren too. The roses 🌹 look very pretty.

Raewyn said...

Interesting post Fiona and nice to see what you have been working on, and your excellent progress with everything! The book launch looks like it was a fun time, lovely that you have a personalised copy.

Janice said...

Another productive month. It is good to see it all together. Your book viewing evening must have been very enjoyable

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>