Friday, May 5, 2017

A new bag.......


I was impressed when my eldest daughter (who I am embarrassed to say cannot sew on a button!) gave me packages of fabric as a gift ..... thoughtful gift for a non-sewer...

A couple of years ago I made this saddle bag with the foxy fabrics

I use it such a lot ..... I'll definitely make this one again....



My other bunch of fabric was London themed ......

Since I will be visiting that big city (and surrounds) soon I decided I needed an appropriate touristy bag....


This pattern is Gypsy Bag by Julie Lovell of Calico Farm Designs...  it's a lovely big bag too .....  I think I'll do another using a charm pack...

Hubz and I have a lot of family in UK and so we try to visit every few years... there are children, grandchildren, a sibling, neice, nephew and a parent as well as cousins and an aunt..... plus some friends....  As such our accommodation is sorted.....

I'm a bit excited..... just a tiddly bit..... but also a bit pre-travel panic is starting!  

Dutch Treat blocks continue... this week I had some relatively easy ones....


This now means I am halfway with my blocks...... 
(not including the borders which is worth another 60 blocks of work!!!)

Righto, Gotto Go - I want to place the blocks out to see what half my Dutch Treat quilt looks like...  and I need to make a pre-travel list....


18 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Lovely bags! A trip to London sounds really fun. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,i am so excited for you and Davecant wait to see more pics of your grandies bet they have grown heaps.
I love both your bags the saddle bag sounds interesting,love your dutch blocks they are always so neat,hope your day is a good one Fiona xx

Margaret Stickland said...

Both bags are different from the usual run so that makes them eye pleasing. A trip away is always acceptable.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your bags....so excited for you. All those grandie cuddles just waiting. Just don't forget where you live x You have done an amazing job on your Dutch Treat blocks!

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful gift and your bags are beautiful and perfect for your trip.

Debbie

Chantal said...

Lovely bags, Fiona. The first one is intriguing to me. It looks complicate to make but very nice. Love the corgi dogs fabric. That's a very lovely gift you got. Awesome job on the DT blocks. I don't think I would call them easy as they look like they required very delicate work. ;^)

Susan said...

Such exciting times ahead...how appropriate is that "Pommy" bag!!
I hope you will post your Dutch Treat WIP

Jane said...

I love the shape of that saddle bag

Jeanette said...

Love your bags & both patterns. I've been going to make another Gypsy bag myself. Dutch Treat is looking good. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Your DT blocks are gorgeous, it is going to be a stunning quilt!! Both your bags are wonderful Fiona, perfect for travelling. Great to be off to visit family!

newsurfiegirl said...

Nice bags! Love the Dutch Treat blocks too. How exciting to be heading away! Hope you enjoy your trip.

marina said...

Bags are great! How exciting to be visiting distant family!
Half way is such a milestone! Hope you will show them all on your design board!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Gorgeous bag, you'll get a lot of use out of that!!! So excited for you, Fiona! Your Dutch Treats look amazing, what a lot you get done...

Louise said...

Oh, this is very exciting! You'll be so much closer to where I am now when you are in England :) I'm curious, what route do you take to fly there? It must be quite a long trip, several days of travel?

Karen S said...

How exciting. The bag will work well on your travels. Lovely to see your blocks growing too and achieving a milestone. I am impressed with your daughter's gift!!

Lin said...

Great bags Fiona and congratulations on getting half way with your DT blocks . Lovely trip to look forward to. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely bags❤️

Raewyn said...

How exciting!! The bag looks great - hope it serves you well on your travels :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>